Investors and Borrowers
Our approach is simple: whether we are acting for a lender or a borrower, our job is to steer your transaction to completion as efficiently as possible. To achieve this, we are:
- Flexible. And not just in making ourselves available when it suits you. We can also discuss different approaches to how we deliver our services and charge our fees.
- Efficient. We focus on the issues that matter to you, and staff each matter with the appropriate resources.
- Effective. Our banking team has a broad experience of all types of transactions, acting for borrowers and lenders. Most of us have spent time on secondment with clients, so we understand what matters to our clients.
- Innovative. In both structuring solutions and providing technical advice.
Basically, we are easy to work with; we offer advice that is practical and easy to understand, and deliver maximum commercial results with minimum fuss.
We are proud to serve on the panel of two of the four major banks, as well as a major second tier bank and other specialised lenders. Recent matters we have been involved in for Investors and Borrowers include:
- Acted for a corporate borrower in relation to its $20M secured receivables financing facility agreement.
- Acted for corporate borrowers in relation to refinancing its secured facility.
Asset acquisition / Property development finance
- Acted for borrowers in relation to subordinated notes it issued to finance an acquisition.
Informal workouts / Intercreditor and forbearance arrangements
- Acted for a corporate group in relation to standstill and forbearance arrangements with lenders.
Debt sales / Distressed lending and trading
- Acted for the purchaser in relation to the acquisition of a portfolio of distressed loans (50+ loans in the portfolio) and then assisted the purchasers with the administration and management of that portfolio in order to realise the value of the loans.
- Acted for the purchasers in relation to the acquisition of 4 distressed property finance loans.
- Act generally for the assignors and assignees of debt acquired and sold under the Loan Market Association standard terms for par and distressed trades.
DOCAs / Schemes
- Advised a corporate group in relation to complex debt and equity restructuring involving deed of company arrangement being agreed thereby allowing the operating entity within the group to continue trading.