2017 TurksLegal WiBF Leadership Scholarship is now open!
TurksLegal and WiBF are strong advocates of excellence in the Australian banking and finance industry. Now in its fourth year, the TurksLegal WiBF Leadership Scholarship is an exciting joint initiative between TurksLegal and WiBF to support the professional growth of excellence in the industry by providing WiBF members with a significant career development opportunity for professional women working within finance and banking.
The winner will travel to the USA to participate in The Women's Leadership Program in 2018 (date TBC); a one week course run by the highly esteemed Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia. Darden Executive Education has been ranked#1 in the world for faculty, facilities and course design in the Financial Times 2017 Executive Education rankings.
This course is designed to help women assess and address their unique strengths and challenges, as well as navigate the frequently complex dynamics of strategic business leadership. The prize includes return flights, course fees, materials, meals and accommodation valued over AU$11,000.
Click here to watch an interview with the 2016 Scholarship winner, Emily Smith, Director, Equities Analyst, Deutsche Bank AG Australia & New Zealand.
How to enter
To apply, applicants are to complete an online application form via the WiBF website and answer in 500 words (or less) the following question:
The Banking and Finance sector is experiencing unprecedented disruption to traditional business models whether it is the growth of Blockchain, use of data to drive applications focused on customer demands or the growth of cryptocurrency. In response the banks are now well advanced in establishing partnerships with the start-up sector and establishing incubators and innovation labs to foster the growth of creativity amongst their employees. They are also investing in providing technology and digital based solutions to their customers.
If you were the CEO of a well-established financial institution, what innovation strategy would you put in place for your organisation and how would you measure success of this strategy? How would you encourage your employees to develop an innovative mindset and be motivated to put forward entrepreneurial ideas to support your strategy?
Applications close 5pm on Monday, 28 August 2017.
Who can enter
- Must be a current Australian financial member of WiBF or an employee of a Corporate Member. To see if your organisation is a Corporate Member click here
- Must work in the financial services sector
- Should be mid-senior level in their organisation (e.g: Associate Director, Vice President, Managing Director, Senior Manager etc) and be looking to take the next step in their financial services career.
To view the full terms and Conditions click here.
2017 Scholarship Judging Panel
The judging panel comprises the following senior industry leaders:
- Melanie Willis, Non-Executive Director, Ardent Leisure Group, Mantra Group and Pepper Financial Services Group
- Fiona Harding, Associate General Counsel, Bank of Queensland
- Julie Hunter, Managing Director, Institutional Banking & Markets, CBA
- Belinda McGuinness, Director Integrity Officer, Macquarie Group
- Amanda Dobbie, CEO, WiBF
- David McCrostie, Partner & Practice Head of Banking, TurksLegal
- Lisa Morrissey, Partner, TurksLegal
The 2017 TurksLegal WiBF Scholarship brochure with details on the Scholarship can be found here.