Applications for the 2018 TurksLegal Women in Banking and Finance (WiBF) Leadership Scholarship are now open!
Overseas 'Women's Leadership Program' at the University of Virginia, US, valued at up to AU$11,000
TurksLegal and Women in Banking & Finance (WiBF) are strong advocates for excellence in the Australian banking and finance industry. Now in its fifth year, the TurksLegal WiBF Leadership Scholarship is an exciting joint initiative between TurksLegal and WiBF to support the professional growth of excellence in the industry by providing WiBF members with a significant career development opportunity.
How to Enter
To apply, entrants must complete an online Application Form (on the WiBF website) and put forward a business case in 500 words (or less) responding to one of the following questions:
1. The Royal Commission is shining a spotlight on conduct in the banking sector with many questions raised as to the underlying integrity of our industry. As the CEO of a major financial institution, what is your plan for rebuilding trust and reframing the social license to operate with our stakeholders and broader community in a post RC environment?
2. While gender diversity and inclusion strategies are now commonplace in every major financial institution, the progress towards gender balance continues to be challenging. What initiatives have you observed that are really making a difference in attracting, retaining and developing women in your organisation or others? (As opposed to the look good/feel good/tick the box initiatives).
To complete the online application form please go to www.wibf.org.au/scholarships.html.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday, 19 August 2018
Who can Enter
The Scholarship is open to all Australian resident members of WiBF. Each entrant must be a current financial member of WiBF or an employee of a WiBF Corporate Member. Entrants must work in the Banking and Finance industry. The Scholarship particularly invites applicants with mid-level management experience in their organisation i.e. 7-10 years working in a banking or financial organisation and who are keen to take the next step in their banking and financial services career.
The Judging Panel will determine a number of Scholarship finalists by simple majority. The finalists must be available to attend a 10-30 minute interview with the Judging Panel at the offices of TurksLegal, Level 44, 2 Park Street, Sydney during the week commencing 24 September 2018. Following the interviews, the finalist determined by the Judging Panel to have produced the best written and personal response will be awarded the Major Prize and be announced as the Scholarship Winner at the WiBF Leadership Series Business Lunch in Melbourne to be held on Tuesday, 23 October 2018.
Notification will be given to the Scholarship Winner as soon as practicable after the conclusion of the judging.
The winner of the Scholarship will travel to the United States of America to participate in The Women’s Leadership Program in 2019 (date TBC), a one week course run by the highly esteemed Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia. Darden Executive Education has been ranked #1 in the world for faculty, facilities and course design in the Financial Times 2017 Executive Education rankings!
This course is designed to help women assess and address their unique strengths and challenges, as well as navigate the frequently complex dynamics of strategic business leadership. The prize includes return flights, course fees, materials, meals and accommodation valued at up to AU$11,000.
Watch our interview with the 2017 Scholarship winner, Deborah Beeck, Director, ANZ available to view on the TurksLegal and WiBF websites.
2018 Scholarship Judging Panel
The judging panel comprises the following senior industry leaders:
- Melanie Willis, Non-Executive Director, Challenger Limited
- Fiona Harding, General Manager - Legal, Retail and Resolution Advisory, Bank of Queensland
- Belinda McGuinness, Director, Integrity Officer, Macquarie Group
- Julie Hunter , Managing Director, Health, Education & Government Institutional Banking & Markets, CBA and WiBF President
- Jen Dalitz, Chief Executive Officer, WiBF
- David McCrostie, Partner & Practice Group Leader Banking, TurksLegal
- Lisa Morrissey, Partner, Banking, TurksLegal
Good luck with your application!